Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My PLC on Engagement


Yesterday several teachers voluntarily chose to attend a “PLC” I was conducting on student engagement.  I had a pretty good presentation, but jazzed it up a bit by converting it to a prezi and embedding a short animoto video.  

Each teacher who came (whether during their conference period or after school) impressed me.  They were working through the topic, asking tough questions, and offering up great ideas.

I left school smiling.  I was smiling all evening.  I was smiling because once again I tasted that almost forgotten feeling I used to get when I was in the classroom after an amazing day of instruction – the feeling that my students got it, that they were engaged.  Student engagement – whether you are working with children or adults is very powerful.  Very powerful to both the student and the teacher!